MinCrossLinux is an embedded, package oriented distribution build system.
It is designed to build for multiple platforms. Initially the target was the Linksys NSLU2. Later support for a Qemu ARM Versatile PB platform was added. Currently, the system is being reworked specifically for the WDTV device.
More information will be added about the design of this system, but briefly, the features are:
- Make/perl/sh based.
- All packages are modular, in the sense that:
- packages know how to build themselves.
- packages know how to develop other packages with them (in the case of libraries or tools)
- packages know what other packages are needed at build and at runtime.
- packages know what external files are needed to build.
- packages know what the minimal files of the package are.
- Ipkg files can be built from each package. (This could easily be changed for rpm, deb, or something else later.
- The base rootfs is composed solely of Ipkgs.
The steps to build (for WDTV system) are:
svn co http://mincrosslinux.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mincrosslinux/trunk mincrosslinux